Health and Safety Adjustments Starting Jan. 12
Dear East Ridge High School Community,
Within the last seven days, 2% of the student population at East Ridge High School have tested positive for COVID-19. SoWashCo Schools will implement health and safety adjustments as shown in our criteria for COVID-19 decision-making.
Starting on Wednesday, Jan. 12, we will be taking additional steps until at least Feb. 1 to prevent the further spread of COVID-19 and flu-like symptoms including:
- Required face coverings for all students, staff and visitors
Athletics and activities updates:
- Student-athletes, coaches and officials are required to wear face coverings when not actively participating in the contest. This includes wearing a mask on benches, in locker rooms and during team meetings.
- Student-athletes do not need to wear a face covering when actively competing in a practice or game.
- Exceptions can be made for when student-athletes are wearing helmets, face cages or competing or practicing outdoors.
- Spectators are required to bring and wear a face covering over their nose and mouth while inside district buildings.
- Students, coaches and spectators are strongly recommended to wear a face covering when attending events at non-district venues.
- School-sponsored events and activities, including dances, will follow masking guidelines.
Starting on Tuesday, Jan. 18, we will be taking additional steps until at least Feb. 1 to prevent the further spread of COVID-19 and flu-like symptoms including:
- Limiting group work and movement throughout classrooms and the school
- Providing as much social distancing as possible throughout the school
- Creating seating charts in classrooms
- Contact tracing as much as possible
- Performing targeted classroom cleaning
- Possible suspension of athletics/activities
- Asking parents to pick up students who are experiencing two or more COVID-like symptoms
- Based on availability, sick students being picked up from school may be offered a rapid COVID-19 test with parental consent
Our increased health and safety measures will help reduce the spread with the goal of keeping students in-person for school as much as possible. We also need your help. Please continue to follow public health guidance and keep students home who are sick.
Thank you for your assistance.