Chemical Health /Prevention
East Ridge High School is a chemical free environment. Possession, use or distribution of illicit drugs and/or alcohol is prohibited on school grounds/at school activities. Students found in violation of this policy are subject to disciplinary action. ERHS Administration, School Nurse, School Resource Officer and Counseling Department work together to provide a safe and chemical free learning environment.
- Chemicals include:
- Alcohol includes any alcoholic beverage, malt beverage, or fortified wine or other intoxicating liquor.
- Tobacco is defined as cigarettes, cigars, cheroots, stogies, perique, granulated, plug cut, crimp cut, ready rubbed, and other smoking tobacco, snuff, snuff flour, cavendish, plug and twist tobacco, fine cut and other chewing tobacco, shorts, refuse scraps, clippings, cuttings and sweepings to tobacco, and other kinds and forms of tobacco, prepared in such manner as to be suitable for chewing or smoking in a pipe or other tobacco-related devices.
- Controlled substances include: narcotic drugs, hallucinogenic drugs, amphetamines, barbiturates, cannabis (marijuana), anabolic steroids, or any other controlled substance as defined in Schedules I through V of the Controlled Substances Act, 21 U.S.C. 812, including analogues and "look alike"/simulated drugs.
- Toxic substances includes glue, cement, aerosol paint, or, for purposes of this policy, any substance that causes involvement of the central nervous system.
- Read full definition in Chemical Use and Abuse Policy #507.1
- Safety and Security