College Resources

NCAA Eligibility

If you want to play NCAA college sports at a Division I or II school, you need to register with the NCAA Eligibility Center. You need to qualify academically (2.3 GPA or above) and you will also need to be cleared as an amateur student-athlete. The NCAA Eligibility Center helps high school student-athletes transition to college. The online content gives student-athletes and counselors a broad look at the initial-eligibility process and detailed information about common eligibility situations.




SAT Reasoning Test

CollegeBoard - College Planning, SAT Information

ACT Student - Information and registration for ACT, financial need estimator, etc.

Letters of Recommendation Directions - Seniors applying for college may need a letter of recommendation to be included in the application packet. You may want to ask a teacher, employer or coach to write such a document for you but they may need to know more about you. The attached form, filled out by the senior in ink, will help the person write a more meaningful letter. East Ridge counselors advise students to give the recommending adults three weeks to write the letter. Be sure you fill in the deadline date.