Counseling and Career Center

Counseling Office News



Online request form available now.




Students please read carefully! Please talk with your parent/guardian about your request.

Schedule changes are rare and are made for the following reasons:

  • “Empty” on your schedule
  •   Already had the class
  •   Did not take or did not pass the prerequisite
  •   Elective changes may be considered on a space available basis
  •   Inappropriate academic level


Changes will NOT be made to accommodate:

  •     Teacher requests
  •      Lunch requests
  •      To have the same class as your friend
  •      Sport schedules

If you have an empty spot on your schedule for 3rd trimester, please complete the online form.


If you have already taken the class or did not complete the prerequisite, please complete the online form.


Requests for elective class changes, please complete the online form. This will only be changed if there are seats available.

Elective changes will not be made after MARCH 1.


If you feel you are in an inappropriate level. Please complete the google form and print the year long course change request form.


Process for requesting senior study, student aid, independent study, or weighted class study

  • Pick up the correct form in the Counseling Office or print out the form here.  
  • Read the form completely!
  • Complete it and return it to the Counseling Office.  
  • Do not make an online request.


Senior Study Form

Student Aid Form (juniors and seniors only)

Independent Study Form

Weighted Class Study Form (juniors and seniors only)


ONLINE FORM click here


Super Saturday Counselor Presentation

The attached presentation contains Counseling Office information from Super Saturday for Grade 10 and 11 parents and students on Saturday, January 26, 2019.



College Fairs

River Falls High School (rescheduled from January 28, 2019) - More than 60 colleges have recommitted to attend the college fair on Monday, February 25, 2019, from 6:00 - 8:00 pm at River Falls High School, 818 Cemetery Road, River Falls, WI, 54022.

Minnesota Education Fairs - These events are sponsored by the Minnesota Association for College Admission Counseling.

1.) Wednesday, March 20, 2019, from 5:00 - 6:30 pm at North High School, 2416 11th Avenue East, North St. Paul, MN 55109.

2.) Thursday, March 21, 2019, from 4:00 - 5:30 pm at Farmington High School, 20655 Flagstaff Avenue, Farmington, MN 55024.


Minnesota Girls State

The American Legion Auxilary (ALA) is sponsoring its 73rd annual American Legion Auxilary Minnesota Girls State program at Bethel University on June 9-15, 2019. ALA Minnesota Girls State is a program in government and good citizenship for Grade 11 and 12 young women.Click here for a copy of the program flyer. The deadline is March 31, 2019.



Genesys Works

Genesys Works is a non-profit organization that provides opportunities for students to work in meaningful, paid internships at major corporations and receive free college, scholarship, and financial aid assistance during their senior year of high school. Click here for more information.


Student Support Resource - Family Innovations

Starting this month, East Ridge High School will have a licensed mental health therapist offering individualized, clinical-level services for students who may be struggling with personal concerns, family concerns, anxiety, mental health, anger, worry, behavior problems, or trauma. All of these can get in the way of a student’s ability to be successful at school. The licensed mental health therapist will see students during the school day so no transportation or scheduling outside of the school day is needed. This service is billed directly through the student's insurance. Please see the attached flyer for more details. If this is something in which you are interested, please contact your child’s school counselor.


Thinking You Would Like a Tutor?

The East Ridge National Honor Society offers student-to-student assistance with ERHS coursework.  Click here to request help.





Students and Parents – click on the SchoolShelf logo to access helpful information about:

  • Academic Skills
  • Student Development
  • Parent Involvement
  • Career Exploration
  • College Planning


Naviance Transcript Fee Payments


Payment of the $15 Senior Naviance Transcript fee is through the FeePay system. Transcripts will not be sent unless this fee is paid. Please click here to pay your fee. Once you are in the FeePay site, click on the picture.

NCAA Eligibility

If you want to play NCAA college sports at Division I or II schools, you need to register with the NCAA Eligibility Center. You need to qualify academically (2.3 GPA or above) and you will also need to be cleared as an amateur student-athlete. The NCAA Eligibility Center helps high school student-athletes transition to college. The online content gives student-athletes and counselors a broad look at the initial-eligibility process and detailed information about common eligibility situations.


Parents' Responsibility for Underage Drinking

Parents: Did you know that you are criminally responsible for underage drinking on your property?  Click here for information about the Social Host Law in Cottage Grove, St. Paul Park and Woodbury.


2019-20 District 833
High School Program of Studies